by Pamela J Ramnares, Netherland | Mar 31, 2022 | Ayurveda
Ayurveda and Women’s Health, Pain-Free Periods
For many women, experiencing pain several days to weeks before the onset of the monthly period is an unfortunate reality. Research shows that almost 40% of women experience premenstrual symptoms which disrupt their daily lives.
According to Ayurveda, during a woman’s menstrual cycle, the Apana vayu, which is connected to the Vata dosha and governs the downward flow of energy in the pelvis, is working to cleanse the body of the uterine lining once menstruation takes place. The increased Vata qualities in the body can result in symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, fear, and scatteredness, inability to focus, feeling cold, constipation, and tiredness.
Ayurvedic Tips for Period Pain Relief
daily and certain asanas during that time of the month can help keep period pains at bay. In general terms though, it is good to take rest during the first three days of menstruation. If you suffer from cramps or lower back pain, you can practise some soft and simple poses to ease your discomfort.
Child’s Pose (Balasana)
Yoga isn’t just about external flexibility. The impact of many poses also benefits your organs, acting as a sort of internal massage. Child’s pose does this by flexing your reproductive organs, as well as releasing tension in your back, shoulders, and neck.
Inverted leg pose – Viparita Karani
Physical, mental, and emotional benefits abound in this pose. The inverted leg pose improves circulation and digestion, lowers blood pressure, boosts energy levels, and soothes your nervous system. It’s also said to increase creative thinking and problem solving. During your period, be sure to only practise inversions where the pelvis is in contact with the floor or at the same height as your head, as inversions where the pelvis is lifted – like with salamba sarvangasana (supported shoulderstand) and sirsasana (headstand) interrupt the downward wind (apana vayu), which sets when your period is about to start. This could then cause additional health problems in the long run.
Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend – Upavistha Konasana
On your period or not, the wide angle seated forward bend asana is immensely helpful when the stress of life is getting to you. Like with every other asana, the benefits aren’t singular. This forward bend helps to stimulate your abdominal organs, leading to less painful cramps, both in the short and long-term.
Reclining Twist – Bharadvaja
One of the most popular poses for dealing with menstrual pain is the reclining twist. Why? Because it feels good and has massive health benefits. For starters, your back and hips will get a great stretch (much-needed if you’re dealing with aches and pains from your period). Moreover your digestive organs will get the required stimulation due to the fresh blood flow from this pose.
Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana
The Cobra asana helps to stretch the abdominal and lower abdominal portions. Your lower back and lower belly will both benefit from the cobra position. This helps relieve menstrual cramps and tension in the lower back.
2. Eat light, warm, cooked foods
While seemingly simple, this advice can actually pose a challenge for many women, who prefer a diet
of raw vegetables and uncooked foods. However, the period is an essential time to eat simple, unprocessed, cooked foods. Most importantly, stay away from raw foods such as salad, raw vegetables, unsoaked nuts, beans, sugar, and processed foods, as they are more difficult to digest. Light, nourishing and cooked dishes will give your agni (digestive fire), giving our body the chance to focus on cleansing without too much additional work that a raw food diet could suppose, especially if you are generally prone to digestive problems like bloating or constipation.
That’s right, sleep! Falling and staying asleep can be hard enough, and during periods it can get even more challenging. Go to bed before 10pm and if possible, allow yourself to wake up naturally, without an alarm. Even if your schedule does not allow for an alarm-free morning, be sure to minimize overexertion, and be kind to yourself during this time.
, hot tea can provide menstrual pain relief. They can give much-needed comfort to your distressed muscles. Along with that, herbal teas like chamomile tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, lavender tea, green tea, lemongrass tea, and cardamom tea can provide you with some much-needed freshness. It can also decrease the pain and relieve fatigue.
5. Massage with essential oils
In the days up till your menstruation, practise self-massage. Add a few drops of any essential oil to a carrier oil and give yourself a gentle massage. The ideal proportion is one drop of essential oil to one teaspoon of carrier oil. Give yourself a massage for 20 minutes for effective results. Also, while massaging, one should target specific points in the abdomen, back, and side, applying the oil in circular movements. Please do note that it is not advised to do a self-massage with oil during the first three days of your menstruation, as you also need to digest any oil you apply once it has been absorbed by the skin and entered the organs and body channels. Since your period is a detox in itself, we want to focus on the cleanse, to then afterwards nourish the body tissues. If you suffer from PMS-related symptoms like back pain, then it is advised to practise self-massage especially during 3-5 days until your period is due.
An age-old remedy, a heating pad or hot water bottle is all you need sometimes to get some menstrual cramp relief. This is because heat relaxes uterine muscles and those adjacent to them, while the body channels also dilate, giving way for the menstrual fluid towards the vagina for elimination and promoting a good flow.. Heating pads and hot water bottles can also be used to fight lower back aches during your period.
7. Put cinnamon & ginger in your recipes
Cinnamon and Ginger have anti-spasmodic, anti-clotting, and anti-inflammatory properties, which are useful for menstrual pain relief. Cinnamon is an excellent source of fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese and Ginger is an excellent source of antioxidants. Stir one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder and half teaspoon of crushed ginger into a cup of hot water, boil it for five minutes, add little honey ( optional) when the tea becomes lukewarm, and then sip it slowly. Start drinking two to three cups of ginger cinnamon tea one to two days before your period starts to prevent cramps. Be sure you buy Ceylon cinnamon, as its quality is highly superior compared to other types like Cassia cinnamon.
by Dr. Anoosha N Shastry, Germany | Mar 3, 2022 | Lifestyle
Mother is the first and special person in everyone’s life. In recent years the modern world came up with the idea of celebrating mother’s day to pay gratitude for all the sacrifices that she makes for her children.
Whereas Ayurveda has always given the emphasis on mother and motherhood even 5000 years ago. Back then one did not have to wait for Mother’s day to celebrate motherhood. Ayurveda clearly believed that the creation of life is the reflection of the divine aspect within us. It beautifully justifies what is written by Mitch Albom “ behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because here is where yours begins”
The ancient treatise of Ayurveda such as Sushrutha Samhitha and Charaka Samhita has special references to Garhini Paricharya and Garbha Vyakarana, i.e detailed information regarding the importance of diet, hygiene, preventive measures, Antenatal and postnatal health, and also the process of development of Embryo. These books give an elaborate explanation of the important regimen a woman needs to follow and the significance of care she should get not just before or during pregnancy but also after delivering the baby. Therefore, it prepares each and every woman for her motherhood by offering sustainable natural and nutritional measures for her growth and protection.
Ayurveda advocates a specific regime for Pregnancy that extends from food, diet nutrition to physical and mental activities she needs to follow regularly. A few of the important tips are listed below for all the women who wish to be a mother.
Dosha Type- Know the body
We all know that a woman needs to be physically strong from her birth, the time of Menarche, the time of her fertility and conception when she carries the child in her womb till she attains Menopause, and the life after that. Also, the duration of conception, delivery, and recovery plays a vital role in various levels. Hence the focus on immunity should start from the very day she prepares herself to become a mother.
Therefore, It is very important for each and every mother to know one’s Prakriti/constitution as per Ayurvedic science. These constitutions are described as Vatta, Pitta, and Kapha or combinations of the same. A woman’s body behaves very differently as per her own constitution. Hence it is important for a woman to start knowing the body before she prepares herself for motherhood. These Prakriti shall be analyzed and the Dosha, the deviation if any, would be diagnosed by an Ayurvedic doctor which is based on a set of physical and mental parameters. Once she is aware of these factors, it will be easier for her to start planning for nutrition and an ayurvedic lifestyle.
Nutrition – Build the immunity
Women are usually vulnerable to various kinds of health problems due to the constant changes in their bodies from Pre menstruation till menopause. Therefore, Ayurveda advocates that the diet and nutrition of the mother is the most essential factor to combat the emotional, psychological, and physical changes she goes through during motherhood.
A wholesome adequate timely diet and nutrition not only play an important role in building the immunity of the mother but also can be passed to her children as a legacy. The Ayurvedic diet always involves the food that is eaten as per Prakriti. Ayurveda always offers personalized diet plans to every mother explaining the food to be eaten or to be avoided as per the body type
A mother is not only the most important role a woman can play in her life. As a primary caregiver to the family and children, the mother needs a holistic approach by offering Abhyanga to her body along with the right nutrition
. Abhyanga is an Ayurvedic oil massage regime that each and every mother should inculcate. Abhyanga can also be done as per Prakriti.
This not only relaxes the body from all the changes that a woman goes through during motherhood but also increases the strength of bones and muscles.
Blissful- Learn to be joyful
The world of the mother revolves around her children and family. Hence the entire life of the mother can be very stressful. Despite taking the right nutrition, being physically fit Ayurveda always recommends each woman to be joyful during the journey of motherhood. When a mother is joyful it helps her to handle the stress more effectively, focusing more on the development of her children and family. Pregnancy Yoga and meditation
also play a vital role in maintaining not only physical health but also mental vigor.
A healthy mind in a healthy body, as well as physical mental equilibrium, is the key behind a healthy mother thereby a healthy child.
by Shuvra Dev Burman | India | Jan 7, 2022 | Lifestyle
Pink Rose – Women’s Health and Wellness gift
A women health and wellness healing Journey
The Divine is said to have crafted the rose in the likeness of a woman. The petals are reminiscent of a delicate charm. The stem denotes power. The leaves signify outstretched arms that are always kind and giving. The fragrance embodies her innocent and lovely personality and speaks to her attributes.
What is the Women’s Health Wellness gift Pink Rose by ASHAexperience ?
- Pink Rose is a Virtual Women Health and Wellness with Ayurvedic Services only designed for women across the globe.
- Pink Rose is an integrated women’s health and wellness package that addresses the holistic needs encompassing physical and emotional health, for every woman from all walks of life.
- Pink Rose is the only Women’s wellness service designed by ASHAexperience where Ayurvedic Doctors and Therapists stand by each and every woman’s healing process for 90 days.
What kind of Women Health and Wellness services are offered by ASHAexperience?
- One Ayurvedic Doctor consultation
- One Yoga and Meditation session as per Ayurvedic Doctor’s advice
- One Ayurvedic Nutrition Guidance post initial doctor consultation
- One Ayurvedic Diet curation and cooking demonstration as per nutritionist advice
- One Follow up Ayurvedic Doctor consultation post 90 Days
Why did ASHAexperience design this Women Health and Wellness gift called Pink Rose?
- Women are the foundation of a family’s overall health, providing their access to appropriate care may also contribute to better health for children, families, and in turn the entire society.
- A woman’s physical and mental demands evolve considerably throughout time and vary throughout her phases of life hence it needs not just a health care program, but a sustainable and empathetic healing program.
- ASHAexperience designed the Pink Rose Gift, understanding not just the physiological anatomy, but also the psychological anatomy of women who needs to handle the emotional stress of hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause, which leads to female orgasmic dysfunction along with emotional setbacks, priority changes, personal and professional life imbalances, poor lifestyle habits, to mention a few.
- ASHAexperience always wanted to empower women by offering healing practices that can start from their own kitchen as Ayurveda always focuses on natural and sustainable healing.
- Understanding the deeper healing process of the women ASHAexperience designed this healing journey of 90 days.
What Benefit one gets from each the services of Women Health and wellness gift Pink Rose
- Ayurvedic Doctors at ASHAexperience specialize in women’s health and understand the holistic healing needs of the women during their initial 30 minutes first discovery conversation.
- During the first consultation, the Ayurvedic Doctors not only give a patient hearing to each aspect of every individual but also address the underlying problem using the age-old healing science of Ayurveda.
- Ayurvedic Doctors offer a detailed prescription based on the current and past lifestyle, professional stress, emotional situation, habits and health, and many more.
- The Ayurvedic doctor will also offer a personalized diet plan, as per the body constitution and guidance to suitable yoga therapies.
- The Ayurvedic doctor will guide with some specific dos and don’ts that will aid in building holistic health
- Finally, every woman is guided in restoring their physical and emotional health by steering them through the healing process with a final follow-up call after 90 days.
- The passionate Yoga Therapist of ASHAexperience will study the prescription of Ayurvedic Doctor and the yoga recommendation.
- Based on the recommendations the Yoga Therapist will understand the lifestyle of every individual and suggest the yoga practice.
- Our competent yoga therapists can conduct sessions for those who have been practicing yoga for years as well as those who are new to it.
- Yoga therapist will design the session in a such a way that it will be convenient to practise in during the healing process of 90 days
From Ayurvedic Nutritionist and Chef
- Ayurvedic Nutritionist and chef plays a very important role in healing. In Ayurveda it is understood that WE ARE WHAT WE EAT.
- Each Nutritionist and Chef will delve deep into the prescription given by the Ayurvedic Doctor after the first consultation.
- Understand the country and food habits of the individual
- Design the right diet plan based on the Ayurvedic Doctor’s advice and Ayurvedic healing principles.
- Demonstrate and cook the designed Ayurvedic meal that can be adopted by the individual during the healing process.
Who can buy the Women’s Health and Wellness gift called Pink Rose by ASHAexperience?
- Every woman who believes that they must include self-love and self-care in their dictionary.
- Perfect gift for the woman whom you wanted to say “I care for You” not just in words but in the perfect language of love, where only gesture counts.
- An ideal gift from every parent for their Daughter- the precious gift of their life.
- A gift that every company should buy either for women team members or for their women community.
Our upcoming online event on Significance of Ayurveda in women’s life