Delicious Strawberry Fruit Bowl – Best ayurvedic diet for Summer in Spain
SUMMER STRAWBERRY FRUIT BOWL
Ingredients Serves 4
- ⅓ tsp mineral or rock salt
- ¼ tsp anise seeds or anise seed powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ Tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1.5 Tbsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cups pears, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups peaches, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced in half if small and in quarters if large
Warm 1 Tbsp ghee in a medium sized saucepan. Add ¼ tsp mineral salt, anise seeds, and Tbsp of the fresh chopped ginger. Simmer until the spices’ aroma comes up, add the fennel powder, and simmer for another minute. Add the chopped pears and water to only ⅓ of the height of the pears, and simmer until they start to become soft. Add in the peaches and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes until the fruit is slightly soft. Turn off heat.
Warm ½ Tbsp ghee in a small sized saucepan. Add ⅛ tsp mineral salt and cardamom powder. Simmer until the spices aroma comes up. Add the strawberries and water to ¼ the height of the strawberries. Simmer 2 – 4 minutes until the strawberries are soft.
Transfer the pears and peaches to bowls, and top with strawberries, 1 Tbsp maple syrup and about ¾ tsp mint per serving. Enjoy!